Thursday 18 July 2013

Assignment 8; composition-scale depth, framing. simplicity


                                                                             Scale
   
Although many others have taken the same picture, I decided to use this as my example for scale. Everyone loves ice cream. I wish I had come up with something a little bit more original, but couldn't. To be honest I didn't fully grasp the concept of scale up until recently. So taking a picture of something I didn't understand was a little bit tricky




Simplicity
I really like this photo. It was very difficult to take it because it was windy outside, and I had set my camera to macro mode. Most of my attempts turned out blurry except this one. Life is simple and beautiful. This picture also combines nice colors and has some texture 



Depth





2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the shot you chose for simplicity. It's great! It's not only following the rules of simplicity, it also works with contrast in colour and even texture. Many rules of composition are coming into play here.

    I'm assuming the last shot is for depth. And it works well for that too. The gardens in the foreground draw the "reader" into the background to look at the stone building. Where was it taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo for simplicity, the way the the background is blurry gives more appeal to it.

    ReplyDelete