Thursday 4 July 2013

Assignment #3 Discovering my type of photography.

This assignment gave me nightmares. I thought about this question and it tortured me. I was beginning to think that I am an empty human being that is tasteless and careless. At last, I have finally found my "type" of photography.


I don't know what exactly this "type" of photography would be called. I prefer when there is no people in it, just nature. It also has to be a picture that captures a moment, and gives me a certain feeling. I realised this once, when I was going through some personal hardships. I was standing outside, and I had an urge to take a picture to remember that exact moment. I feel like a picture can capture that "feeling" one is experiencing at the moment.

For some reason, I appreciate emptiness in photographs. As in, no people, no sign of civilization. It almost feels as though I could smell the air in the photograph, feel the wind and the temperature. Maybe you can suggest th specific name of this style of photo?


1 comment:

  1. I tend to agree with you. I prefer landscape photography, because of the lack of people.

    And photography is all about capturing a moment in time, making time stand still. Or maybe it's about creating a memory.

    ReplyDelete